My Current Nugget of Inspiration

"If you have a dream, go for it. No one is stopping you, except yourself!"

Friday, August 27, 2010

Calculators

So far today I have been doing some research. I was catching up on my Hungry Girl e-mails and was hoping to find some food creation inspirations. I ended up finding links to websites that calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate and Daily Caloric Expenditure.

Here is what I learned about me:

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1458 calories
Daily Caloric Expenditure: 1590 calories

What does that mean? Well, ultimately it means that in a normal day I burn 1590 calories just being me. No exercise.

I know that the key to losing weight is to burn more calories then you consume. For each 3500 calories less that a person consumes, a pound is lost. Basically, if I cut my calorie intake to about 1100 calories per day, I can lose a pound per week.

Here's the problem with that... On weight watchers I don't know how many calories I am consuming per day. I know the points but the calories are lost on me. I'm going to try to count my calories here today and see how they balance with my points.

No comments:

Post a Comment