My Current Nugget of Inspiration

"If you have a dream, go for it. No one is stopping you, except yourself!"

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To be, or not be... We'll see with hCG!

So now that we have gotten through the background section now it's on to the future... and with every new start there has to be a new kick-start to my motivation.

I have decided to take on the highly controversial hCG diet. Most of the reviews are impressive and favorable. Everyone that uses it the way it was intended seems to have very quick results that seem to last through the maintenance portion.

I originally was looking into this through the TrimCare clinic that we have here locally. As I researched more and more I read that it required injections daily and a 500 calorie diet per day. Did I also mention the price? It was $1500 for 40 days and I am pretty sure that they recommend several other supplements that were quite costly as well. It scared me horribly and I immediately decided that this wasn't the program for me.

That was 2 weeks ago.

Since then I have learned more about the program and that it isn't the malnourishment that I originally believed it would be. Instead it uses the stored fat you currently have and burns it as energy. I started contemplating going in for a consultation and actually forking over the $1500 (that I DO NOT have) if it was going to guarantee me some results. I wasn't going to use the injections though since there is a nasal spray alternative you can use.

Well, low and behold, with a little more research and a little run in with "fate" I have found that you can now get the liquid form at GNC. It's pricey sure, but nothing compared to the $1500 that may not work. It's $80 +/- per bottle and it's supposed to last 30 days. Not too shabby! Then with further research I was able to find that you can get the diet plan guidelines and suggestions online if you know where to look and a starter guide in the packaging.

I happened to overhear someone I work with discussing how she had just started the program while I was at work today and was so excited to see some other input. In the morning I plan to head on over to GNC and purchase a bottle.

I do know that the plan recommends a 2-day purging where you eat all the high fat and calorie foods you please right before beginning the program. I definitely ate plenty today to qualify as day 1! Tomorrow I have plans with some friends to go play Laser Tag for a while and finish up with what I assume to be some food and drinks before calling it a night. Tomorrow during the day I also plan to purchase the foods necessary to get me through the first day or so of the plan since I will be working.

My first weigh-in day will be Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment