My Current Nugget of Inspiration

"If you have a dream, go for it. No one is stopping you, except yourself!"

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day of Demons

Yikes. I have barely been mobile today and had to deal with 2 different issues that I wasn't happy about.

The first was the scale. I decided to take the plunge and hop on today to see where we are at. It's 162.2. I'm clinically obese since I'm only 4'11. Nice. Well I knew that was the approximate number so I can't say I was shocked. I can't dwell on it. I just have to jump head first into this plan so that I can see results and get back to that number in the 120's. It's going to be hard work but I am hoping that seeing some quick results will help me with motivation to keep it going.

The second demon today was the trip to GNC to pick up the HCG. It's weird how walking into a store to buy weight loss supplements can be so daunting. I decided to do my best and hold my head high as I asked for the product from the clerk. The clerk tells me that the particular GNC store that I went to is privately owned and the owner (who is standing behind him) doesn't support the product so they don't sell it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just my luck. As I was about to walk out and go to the next GNC the owner decides to stop me and preach to me about how much he hates the product and that it's not modeled the same way as the doctor administered program due to the very low calorie specifications. If I hadn't done all the research on my own of the doctor program here I would have possibly believed him HOWEVER I did! I know that the 500 calorie diet is actually a part of the $1500 program as well. I understand that he has the right to sell whichever products that he wants to support but I don't think I deserve to be lectured about the products I want to purchase when I am not asking for his opinion.

Anyway, I went to the next GNC down the street and that clerk was VERY encouraging and didn't make me feel like a freak at all. He seemed very knowledgeable about the program as a whole and offered some great supplement options to help as you go. He was very enthusiastic as well which helped improve my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment